Saturday, January 19, 2013

1000 Gifts {Days 17, 18 & 19}

January 17: A gift bringing laughter, prayer, quiet
A late night conversation with my daughter as she shares with me the secrets of her heart.  I am so thankful that she is willing be open with me and feel safe when we talk.


January 18: 3 Gifts from God's word

    Proverbs 3:5-6
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 
    Psalm 139:13
    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 

    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 


January 19: 3 gifts that might never have been
My marriage... had a certain young man not offered to drive me and my best friend down to Calgary for a music competition, who knows where I 'd be today.  What a wonderful turn of events.

Arianna & Sarah.  Both of them were born following miscarriages and after much emotional pain, I've come to the place where I know that if it wasn't for the miscarriage, I wouldn't have the children that I do now.

Following my instinct to home school the kids.  I wanted to so badly when Joshua was in kindergarten but I gave in to the pressures of those who didn't think it was a good idea.  His first experience in school was a bomb and that was the last time any of my kids went to school full time.






No comments:

Post a Comment